Friday, August 30, 2013

More artwork

So yeah. Moved the picture down because the composition worked that much better as a book cover.

I hate her dress. I hate her dress. I really hate her freaking dress. WHY DO I HAVE TO GIVE CHARACTERS LONG FLOWY THINGS TO WEAR. IT IS SUCH A PAIN TO PAINT.

Every time I do a painting I feel like Jeff Goldblum in Lost World. Yeah, it's oooh ahh now but you missed the running and the screaming.

Also: White is not white. White is never white. White is all the colors, and if you do it wrong you get purple. I remember reading that part in Catching Fire where Peeta tells the dying stoner babe about how colors work and thinking "YEP. PREACH IT".

AND OH YEAH: WHY DO DRAGONS HAVE TO BE SCALY. I WILL HAVE TO LINE AND SHADE EACH OF THOSE BUMPS INDIVIDUALLY.

In short: Things are going rather well.

1 comment: