Sunday, August 25, 2013

Book update+General gratitude.

I've decided I really need to overhaul my book-publishing schedule. I've got no backlog ATM and that's kind of bad for both me and you guys. Trying to make plans lately hasn't exactly worked out. I also haven't heard back from my chosen editor yet, so I can't give you an ETA on DB PT2 until I have things all set up with her.

I've decided my favorite part of having a real editor is having to chop things out so I can afford it. It's not fun writing wise, and I don't necessarily say it's making things better, but it makes me double-think a lot of things. If there's any doubt, throw it out. I've tossed a lot of things that I liked, but that made me feel more than a little uneasy.

So yeah: Nonnie who pressured me into getting an editor: THANK YOU.

In fact, I really just need to say thanks in general. The last few months of my life have been this morass of ick, and I do not think I would have pulled through without you. There have been times this past year where you lot are the only positive influence in my life. I've tried to keep my emotional issues and negativity off the blog, and I think I've managed to keep like 75% of it under wraps, but I do not think I could have made it through this year without you. ALL of you. You guys are AWESOME. I'm blown away by your support--even when it's prickly advice I don't like, it's awesome that you do it. You're here, you're talking, you read my books. Stories don't really exist if only one person knows them. When ya'll read my stuff, it's like you take the part of me that I value the most and you let it be real. It's validation, and the fact that you do that over and over and over again is completely awesome. Every time I think I get you guys, you do something that blows me completely away. Yeah, writing is awesome and it's fun to write, art is awesome and it's fun to do that too. But you guys are the real deal. Without you, none of this would count for a thing. I mean, even if you're here because I'm a trainwreck...dude. You're here. You're a part of this thing, and I'd say you're a bigger part than I am. And I'm grateful for you no matter what.

Pat yourselves on the back, have an e-cookie (or a beer). And stick around because I think this next year is going to be fun to watch.

Yeah. Sorry for the sappy. I just felt like it was time to tell all of you how very, very cool you are.

1 comment: