Thursday, October 31, 2013

Dragon Breath Pt 3 update

It's with the editor, who has already sent back partial edits for me to work on. She's not the same one who worked on the other two thirds, but she's really good, and I'm happy with what I've seen so far. Artwork is in progress and trucking along nicely. I'm going to set an ETA for next weekend, the 8th or 9th, depending on how much I can get done between now and then. And I'm (Gasp!) starting the countdown clock. WHEE BOYS AND GIRLS THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Indiegogo donators will get their copies of pt three e-mailed to them, and yes, I know I still owe two of you pictures and things. Those are coming too. Those will be sent before Christmas.

No Anita Blake today. Last night I was drugged to the gills (I hate being a girl. I hate it. Every time one of those womb-centric feminist "peroids are only bad because the patriarchy makes it so" routines all I can think about is that scene in Fight Club where Tyler gets beat up by the bar owner. "YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN, LOU. YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN." Pain has an amazing way of reducing you down to your base components and them making those little pieces squirm.) and today I wasted too much time trying to figure out why my computer wouldn't turn on (Good news: I made it turn on. Bad news: I have to figure out why my backup battery isn't working anymore)
 
So there you go. Updates and shit. It's happening this time, kids. I promise.

2 comments:

  1. First off - Updates! Progress! Muppety flails of joy!

    Second - My suspicion is that most of the womb-centric types you described either don't have severe PMS, or had easily-resolved medical/stress conditions that they have since dealt with. And like a lot of people who don't have chronic health problems they simply don't believe that chronic conditions are *real*. There are people who don't believe in spinal or brain injuries (Seriously) so I'm not surprised to find people who don't believe that severe PMS is a real issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I'm a feminist, and have a womb and a period, and up until now I could not figure out how anyone could think periods weren't that bad...but this is a likely theory. I know that I had no idea my cramps were unique (as in, needed medical intervention) for years because I heard all women talk about cramps and had no idea they weren't like mine at all in severity, and when I asked my sister, she said hers were no big deal at all. So that could totally be it!

      I shall still laugh with insane bitterness at them, of course

      Delete