Monday, February 18, 2013

State of the CW

My birthday is in nine days. Go me.

This has been a really, really shitty month. A couple of positives, yep, but no big wins. But I don't think that's the problem. It's possible it's just the post-project blues. Everything is very gray and very blah right now. I've gone through this before, but this is the first time that it's actively hurt. You don't think about emotional low points being physical pain, but I've felt like I've had a pincushion for a gut for a week solid. Usually this only happens if something is actively wrong.

I have no idea what's going on with my head right now, but I wish it'd just knock it off.

Some of you have probably noticed I revised the publishing schedule and took the next Gray Prince book off the list. That's soft, depending on how much revision the story will require, but I don't think that I could get it ready for publication without severely hurting the other releases. It'll get released. Just...not now.

I just wish sometimes that there was a reality checklist. Something I could go to that would say "hey, this is real and you need to pay attention, this isn't real and you can dismiss it." I believe the negative things better than the positives because people are more likely to lie and say something's good when it isn't. It's just getting real low around here right now, and I'm running out of things to look at that remind me life doesn't completely suck.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're feeling low.

    Do you have any trouble with winter blues? I know you're in a warmer region than I am, but still, winter is winter and it can be all grey and disgusting even in a nicer climate. The longer nights and general lack of sunshine can drag anybody down, especially when we hit January and February because they are the most miserable months of the year...particularly when you are already feeling rather blah. I definitely have issues with this.

    Anyway, hang in there! You might want to try reading some books that aren't as godawful as the Merry Gentry series to help cheer you up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I got quite a few on my to-read list. Right now I'm reading BEYOND BELIEF by Jenna Miscavage-Hill. It's pretty good. What I WANT is another Honor Harrington book, but that's not gonna happen for a while. :(

      I'll probably re-read Sunshine. That's my go-to book for when I feel kind of sucky.

      Delete
    2. Good! Nothing helps shitty moods quite like good reading. :)

      I need to check out the Honor Harrington books. I've heard good things about them, but haven't been in much of a sci-fi mood until recently.

      Sunshine is awesome! I love Robin McKinley.

      Delete
    3. I heart Honor forever. Yes, she's a Mary Sue, but she's kind of in the same category as the Doctor and Sherlock Holmes. And the rest of the cast is awesome too.

      SOMEONE ELSE WHO HAS READ SUNSHINE. YAY I AM SO HAPPY. :D

      Delete
  2. "Anyway, hang in there! You might want to try reading some books that aren't as godawful as the Merry Gentry series to help cheer you up..."

    Yeah, doing something not-awful would be a good idea.

    "I just wish sometimes that there was a reality checklist. Something I could go to that would say "hey, this is real and you need to pay attention, this isn't real and you can dismiss it.""


    This. I'd love to have something like that in my own life. But until it comes along, remember that depression lies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're not feeling well right now, and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete