Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Self Publishing Numbers for ya:

As I said yesterday, I've made my goal. I've sold over 365 books in my first year of publishing. As of right now it is 372. Let's see if we can't make 400 by July 17th, mkay?

Starbleached is the leader with 123 books sold, and the other books in that series aren't that far behind.


In my first six months (July to Dec 12) I sold 110 books.

In my second, (Jan to June 13) I sold 266.

Sales are more-or-less consistent for every book.

I've also begun getting sales from places OTHER than Amazon, which is TOTALLY AWESOME.

These numbers are not hugely successful, but it's time for a little confession: Right now, no bullshit, this is exactly what I am looking for, and what I wanted to see when I started out. My goal for my first six months was to sell, for money, 100 books. And I did that. Then I wanted to break 300 books by the end of may. And I did that. And now I broke my June goal with lots of time left in the month.

These are not the books I wanted to publish. Oh, I love them all, my lovelies, do not get me wrong.  If I did not like the books I would not publish the books. But The Book, the one with the many many rejections, is the one that I really want to publish. The books I've published so far are not the ones I want to make successful. That book is the one I want to make successful.

I think I feel safe in saying that you guys will see that book sometime within the next two years. I would say, at my current pace, sometime in July of 2015.

I am so glad that I get to take you guys on this ride with me.

Here are the hard month-to-month numbers in case you are curious.

I have no idea WTF is up with that thirty book jump between March and April. 

 
July 1
August 3
September 17
October 36
November 27
Dec 26
Jan 45
feb 24
March 20
April 54
May 65
June 58

No comments:

Post a Comment