Thursday, February 20, 2014

Update on the CW

SO.

It took all week but I finally got all my healthcare stuff in order and FINALLY got in to get an assessment. It actually went really well--the getting in part--as I managed to get there early enough to get the midday slot and get assessed.

I now officially have Major Recurring Depression with a secondary diagnosis of PTSD. And everybody in my family said "NO SHIT MS. SHERLOCK" and then gave me many hugs.

This makes a whole lot of things make perfect sense. I am now waiting for my dr. appointment, which will be on Tuesday.

I wanted to do a positive book. One nonny mentioned Mists of Avalon. Well...a second read-through proved that I still don't have enough patience for MoA (I tried Nonny. Sorry). BUT! It reminded me of one of my other favorite books which I suddenly, desperately wanted to read. So instead I'm pulling Blog Owner status and I'm gonna do the Deed of Paksenarrion. In nice, large chunks, because I remember this book being kick-ass awesome. It also has a lot of the same religious overtones.

We will start that Friday night.

For tonight I'm going to burn nice incense, drink a glass of wine, eat homemade bread and go to bed. Today was stressful as fuck and right now sleep is all I wanna do.

P.S. Next starbleached book is still coming along rather well. Hopefully it'll go better once I have meds in my system and I don't want to just sit with the covers over my head anymore.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! Looking forward to Deed of Paksenarrion - I've never read that before and am interested in your dissection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're getting some help underway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that book! And I'm happy you're getting help. I've struggled with depression most of my life. It will get better. (Hug)

    ReplyDelete